Jemyma Betrian set to make her Professional MMA Debut with Lights Out Promotions CHAOS AT THE CASINO 5 on August 10th at Hollywood Park Casino, Los Angeles CA. Here are just a few Questions and answers from the Muay Thai World Champion.
1. How long have you been competing in Martial Arts and what has inspired you along the way? Where did you start training?
I began Kickboxing when I was 14 years old and began competing 4 months later. I have always had the fighting spirit in me and my mother told me that I needed to put my energy into a positive activity. My first gym was Team Explosion in Nijmegen, Holland.
2. You are a world champion in our organization. What are your goals in the sport of Muay Thai and why?
My goals are to continue to motivate the new generation of fighters and continue to be a positive role model to all my fans.
3. You're going to make your professional Mixed Martial Arts debut with Lights Out Promotions. What makes you want to try your hand in MMA?
I am looking for a new challenge and feel that I would be successful in MMA because it is the last Martial Art that I have not tried.
4. We already know what you're capable with your Muay Thai based striking. What are your goals in this MMA fight?
To win and to be able to showcase my new skills on the ground.
5. Tell us how your Muay Thai has helped you evolve into a more well rounded fighter. How do you think it will help you in the fight?
I am very confident in my striking ability and speed and am going to try and use all my Muay Thai skills in the cage, but still feel I need to prove myself on the ground.
6. We know you've been training with Ronda Rousey, Marina Shafir, Shayna Baszler and camp. What have you learned from the team at Glendale Fighting Club? Are there any specifics from the UFC champion? What are they?
Working with the GFC Fight Team has been amazing. They have opened my eyes to the world of grappling and submissions. All the girls and coaches have been very helpful and have given me a solid foundation of both offensive and defensive techniques. There are no specific techniques that I have learned, but I am prepared for everything.
7. What can we expect from a more well rounded Jemyma Betrian?
I will do my best like I do in every fight and we will just have to wait to see what the outcome is.
8. Last but not least, any shout outs?
I just want to thank everyone who has supported me through my journey including my fans, sponsors, friends, and most importantly family.